|AuschwitzPage 1234||BirkenauPage 123||Other||Plaszów
Above, The site of Plaszów concentration camp today, and to the right, pictured in 1943.
In mid-1943 the Plaszów camp became a branch of the Majdanek camp in Lublin and from January 1944 a concentration camp in its own right with branches at Wieliczka and Mielec.
This meant that Jews from small camps and ghettos liquidated by the Germans including Tarnów, Mielec, Rzeszów, Drohobycz, Janów and Szebnie near Jaslo were brought there, along with some Hungarian Jews. From Plaszów there were sent to work in arms factories across the General-Gouvernement including Skarzysko-Kamienna, Starachowice, Pionki and Czestochowa, and to the Reich and other concentration camps such as Auschwitz, Mauthasen and Gross-Rosen.